The Self-Publishing Experience is a full day, held at Troubador’s offices in Leicestershire. We promise a whole day of enlightening and stimulating activities. The exact schedule may vary depending on the guest speakers attending, but it will always include plenty of time for discussion and a tour of our distribution and warehouse facilities. Lunch will be provided, and there will be tea, coffee and soft drinks available throughout the day.
The day itself is divided into sessions, each looking at different aspects of self-publishing. The schedule below is a typical schedule, and may be subject to change, but it gives you an idea of the range of topics covered.
Throughout the day we will also be offering ‘one-to-one’ sessions with publishing staff if you wish to discuss something specific about your own project. If there is a specific area of self-publishing that you wish to learn more about – for example, editing, cover design, marketing or ebooks – then you can book a meeting with a staff member from the relevant department. These optional one-to-one meetings will be held throughout the day, therefore it is likely that a talk or workshop would have to be missed whilst attending the specialist one-to-one meeting.
The Self-Publishing Experience day costs just £10 to attend (to cover refreshments). We limit attendance at each event to 9 delegates, so book early to secure attendance.
- 10.00am: Arrive at Troubador Publishing’s office. Register at reception
- 10.15am: Welcome and Introduction to the Self-Publishing Experience
- 10.30am: Do Judge a Book by its Cover: cover design workshop
- 11.30am: Coffee break
- 11.40am: The Importance of Editing
- 12.00pm: Ebooks: Hints and Tips
- 12.30pm: Tour of Troubador’s distribution and warehouse facilities
- 13.00pm: Lunch
- 13.45pm: Preparing the Perfect PR Kit
- 14.45pm: Coffee break
- 15.00pm: Digital services: social media and book trailers
- 16.00pm: End